Friday, October 29, 2010

Vargas, Nicole

10-28-10

Ela. Jacques

Intro Paragraph.

Have you ever felt like someone was watching you? They were watching ever move you make; looking for the right time to pounce. In this story Edgar Allen Poe keeps the reader on the edge of your seat, not knowing what is going to happen next. Tell-tale Heart is about a crazy man, who is Vexed by an old mans pale blue eye. This crazy man ends up killing the Old guy, all because of a pale blue eye. This story is very mysterious and the reader is never going to know what to expect. Tell –tale heart by Edgar Allen Poe, displays a sinister mood, fantastic plot, and a very interesting surprise ending.

Body paragraph

The dark and gloomy mood in Tell-tale heart gives the reader a sense of death and doom. “I put in a dark lantern, all closed, closed so tar no light shone out.” this quote displays it is dark and suspenseful. Another quote is, “ Presently I heard a slight groan, and I knew it was the groan of moral terror”. This quote I think has meaning, to me it means that the old man feels the crazy guys presence. I also think that he crazy guy feels the old mans terror. I believe that this story, Tell-tale Heart, is a story that displays a very descriptive mood, that make the reader jump of the edge of his seat with excitement.

1 comment: