Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Final for KJ

Kaylajo Berger

10/29/10

Per.1/2

E.LA.

Tell-Tale-Heart

The story Tell-Tale-Heart by Edgar Allen Poe is an interesting story. It is about a crazy, idiotic man who doesn’t like an old man just because of his ‘ Vulture Eye.’ Even thought he is a nice old man, he still hates him and ends up killing him to be forever gone with the eye. After that the police come because their neighbor filled a complaint about loud, suspicious noises. Eventually he starts to freak out because he hears the old mans heart beating when it’s his watch, as he confesses to the police. You can already tell there is a surprising plot, realistic imagery, and a dark scary mood. If you like creepy story this the one for you. Like Edgar Allen Poe said, ‘all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream’.

The plot in the story is surprising and interesting, it is what gets you motivated to read and read. Some of the quote from the story like this one ‘True! –Nervous- very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am! But why will you say I’m mad’, really tells you he’s a mad man, and sometimes makes no sense. This next quote ‘ I loved the old man. He never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I never desire. I think it was his eye, yes it was this! He had an eye of a vulture, a pale blue eye.’’ Says that the old man was nice to him, but his eye made him crazy. You must have to say the plot is interesting but sometimes makes no sense.

The second thing the reader will like about the story is the realistic imagery, in the story it lets you paint a picture in your head. Her is an example, ‘ he was stone dead. His eye would trouble me no more.’ So that obviously states that he killed him and the eye. This second quote tell you why it the ‘Vulture Eye’.‘ He had an eye of a vulture, a pale blue eye, with a film over it.’ His ‘Vulture Eye’ is just a blind eye why would that make somebody crazy.

Lastly the mood is dark and scary and gives you the chills. This quote is one that gives you the chills, ‘Presently, I hear a slight groan, and I knew it was the groan of mortal terror’. The groan of mortal terror is when he kills the old mad. The last quote is even creeper, ‘I put in a dark lantern all closed, closed, so that no light shown out, then I thrust in my head’. I think the dark lantern is just an ordinary old lantern that doesn’t work. The mood in this story make you not want to read the rest but at the same you want to.

Tell-Tale-Heart, by Edgar Allen Poe, introduces a surprising plot, realistic imagery, and a dark scary, mood. You can tell that the ‘Vulture Eye’ really does creep out the crazy mad man. I mean can you believe that he killed the nice old man just to get ride of his eye? When the police came because their neighbors heard noise, would you be creep out. Over all Tell-Tale-Heart was a great story, if you read it you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment