Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My biography- Sarah R.

Shannon’s Life                                                     By: Sarah Robertson

 

      Imagine being a full-time mom and a teacher. Shannon Renee LaBarre McRae is both. Shannon was born March 14, 1972 in Orange, California. She grew up with her parents, Laura Houk and Loren “Bud” LaBarre. They are both living.  She also grew up with her 3 sisters and 1 brother. Shannon grew up in Orange, California, moved to Arizona for college, and then moved to San Diego, California after college. She went to Villa Park High School, in Villa Park. She was the class of 1990. Shannon worked in a jail in and out of college at the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections, when she moved to San Diego she was a fraud investigator, and then she became a teacher. On August 23, 1997 Shannon got married to Chris McRae. She has two kids, Daisy, who is 9, and Brian, who is 11. Shannon has had an interesting childhood, teenage years, and adulthood.

 

         Shannon had a great childhood. Her dad was vice president of Bank of America and her mom was a stay-home mom. Shannon stated “I looks up to my parents, especially my mom, for still for their input into my life. I hope to be as good to my children as my children as my parents were to me.” Obviously Shannon’s parents have made an important impact on her life and she still looks up to them for advice. Shannon was raised in a great home, where her parents taught her to make good choices. She was also treated fairly, and it is an important value in her home now. Shannon says, “I know my parents didn’t always agree with everything I did, but they were always supportive.” As you can see, Shannon’s parents were and still are important people in her life.

 

         Shannon got her first job when she was 15 years old at Wet Seal in the mall where she grew up. She worked retail until her sophomore year of college and then she waited tables. She also worked in and out of a jail in college. Shannon stated “I had a lot of fun at the jobs I had, and while those jobs didn’t influence my life greatly, it did help build my work ethic as an adult.” Obviously Shannon loved her jobs as a teenager, but she also loves her job of being a fantastic mom and wife.

 

         Shannon had a wonderful family life. She has two kids. She says, “ It’s crazy, busy, fun and sometimes frustrating all at the same time.” She always knew she wanted kids and she was lucky to have a boy and a girl. Shannon also stated “I can’t imagine not being a mom!” She is also a wife to Chris McRae. “Her and Chris have been married for 13 years.” Obviously Shannon is a very devoted person and she understands what commitment means. Although, Shannon is a wonderful wife and mom, but she also has a few regrets and challenges.

 

         Shannon has times that she wishes she could relive, but she also has one more thing that she wants to do before she dies. Shannon says “Some days I wish I would have enjoyed time with just my husband and me.” As you can see, Shannon loves spending time with her husband. One thing Shannon wants to do before she dies is travel more. She would like to go to Scotland where her husband’s family is from. “This may be something more for him, than for me. But know it would make him happy, so I’m all for it.” Obviously, Shannon loves her family and wants to know more about them.

 

                  Shannon has had a fascinating childhood, exciting teenage years, and amazing adulthood. Shannon has two kids and an amazing husband who loves her very much. She has worked many jobs as a teenager and as an adult. She grew up in Orange, California and went to high school in Vila Park. She has two parents, 3 sisters, and 1 brother. Shannon was born on March 14, 1972. As you can see, Shannon is a great person as well as a wonderful mom and wife.

        

 

2 comments: