Wednesday, February 9, 2011

                  Technology in the classrooms

                                        by Joshua Mellinger

 

To be honest I don’t want a magic pen or something but I would like new computers in the computer lab. Yep no talking holograms just some more up to date computers that won’t freeze up and a better Internet server because the schools server is pretty slow. So I say Why jump so far into the future when the past isn’t up to date.

 

Now I don’t mind Macs infact I prefer them but these models are so old and slow but I’m not saying to go and buy the best computers out there but at the least replace these with the same model because the computers in our school have speakers missing and drawing on the old keyboards that I’m typing on. But you may ask are the computers really that important?

 

Our class uses computers almost every day we are always researching or typing an essay on the computers and I take computer animation so I use these computers every day. These things can get so slow to the point were you just have to sit and wait for the computer to start working instead of learning so this can make it pretty hard to learn. In computer animation if you aren’t the first few to log on it could take five minutes just to get into the program. But would it be helpful for the teachers as well?

 

I say it does for a start at the begging of the year the server was down, the teachers had to learn rapidly how to learn the new grading system. Well that took from my memory about two weeks to fix before I could know my grade. The teaches had a very hard time getting every thing running because the server was of poor quality and the computers were not exactly up to date but the computers in the classroom work a lot faster than the computers in the lab.

 

I know this idea isn’t digging into the future but why skip to the future when the past isn’t fixed. As a student I really like using the computers but I would really like them to work up to par instead of sitting around waiting for my computer to work.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's really good josh. I feel the same way. the computers are really slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should use higher level words,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete